Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Quote of the day ... Oct. 23, 2012


"I was proud of the waves I had made, but wondered 
how many boats I was supposed to rock."
~Phil Donahue

Perhaps we don't realize the affect we have on others, on people we don't even intend to be a part of the waves we are stirring up.  When you are causing a disturbance with an intended party, others, almost always, are also affected.  Sometimes this can be a good thing, sometimes, not so much.  We must always think before we act so that we can understand the full outcome of our intentions.

Several years ago, I was, dare I say "victim", of a group of people making waves for someone I was close to at the time.  This caused such drama in my life and I wasn't even the target.  It has taken me many years to overcome this with much understanding and mental strength that I was not the intended target.  It caused me to feel as though I couldn't go certain places, always worried I would run into these people.  Once I released that fear I no longer was under their control.  My point here is, if you haven't gotten it by now, that you need to evaluate your intentions and keep them on the positive side.  Whether you believe in karma or not, you certainly have seen reaping what is sowed in action.

Before acting, think about the waves you will create, the boats you will rock and what your intended outcome is. If you cannot find a way to get your point across without hurting others, perhaps you need to re-think your intentions and make sure they are true and real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Body Is Perfect ... Models Needed

Does this sound like you?  "I'm fat."  "I wish I could just lose those last 10 pounds." "I'm ugly.&q...