Saturday, April 27, 2019

No Body Is Perfect ... Models Needed

Does this sound like you? 
"I'm fat." 
"I wish I could just lose those last 10 pounds."
"I'm ugly."
"I wish my face would stop breaking out."
"I hate my legs."
"I hate my arms." 
... the list of things we hate, wish we could change about ourselves or think about our own self-image is on-going and usually not very positive and anxiety can get the best of some of us at times. 
Myself included. Too often, from my own mouth, do I hear words similar to those above; I am on a journey to heal from the negative words that I hear come out of my mouth about my body, you know the ones when I say them, my husband looks at me like I've got 12 heads, because they just aren't true, but the psychological torture that we put ourselves through is very real and often times, unnecessary. 
If this sounds like you, please read on...

A few years ago, I began thinking about a project that I wanted to do, and am finally in a place where I can get it accomplished and prepare for a gallery show: 
"No Body Is Perfect"

Details: I am looking for volunteers to help me on a project of healing to include in a gallery show. It is all about the body.  Your body.  The part of you that you wish would just disappear.  Whether it is a literal or interpreted representation (ie, the mind), I want to capture it. This project is for women and men over the age of 18 only; images can be taken showing your face, or without, while the purpose of this is to complete a project, the context is completely up to you.  The photos will be displayed with a brief story about the person in the photos (names can be excluded if requested).
If you would like to participate, are willing to sign a release to have the photos printed and displayed at a gallery show, please contact me at christine@lifetimememoriesnwy.com, call or text 716-608-5539 to schedule your session.  I will begin shooting in May.  All participants will receive a printed copy of the photo chosen and story after the gallery show.  Participants will be able to help choose which photo is selected for the show, as well. 
Love starts with yourself, from there, you can go anywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Body Is Perfect ... Models Needed

Does this sound like you?  "I'm fat."  "I wish I could just lose those last 10 pounds." "I'm ugly.&q...