Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Taking the magic out of Christmas ... and bringing it back. Part 15.


"Remember, if Christmas isn't found in your heart, 
you won’t find it under a tree."
~ Charlotte Carpenter

Part 15 is dedicated to random acts of kindness.  The other day I seen a post on Facebook where someone was participating in completing 26 random acts of kindness in honor of the recent tragedy in Connecticut, so I thought,well, what if, instead of committing to 26, why not go for an entire year.  I really think that this is something that people do regardless, and just don't realize it.  

A random act of kindness can be something as little as holding a door open for someone, or even a smile at a stranger to brighten their day.  It doesn't have to be anything major, just something small that you are doing for someone else that is completely selfless.  I know, I, personally, feel absolutely wonderful when helping to make someone else's day just a bit better, and I'm sure you do as well.

I created a Facebook group for those who wish to share their experience with this project. This may seem like something that is unnecessary, but I feel this may give a little bit of hope back to the people who have lost all hope in humanity. Also, it makes it a conscious thought and makes you think about how you are affecting others lives. It may seem like something trivial, but if I can consciously do something to help make the world just a tiny bit better and help restore faith in humanity, I'm all for it.  


Would you commit to doing one random act of kindness every day?

Peace, Love and Light,


Christine
http://www.lifetimememorieswny.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Body Is Perfect ... Models Needed

Does this sound like you?  "I'm fat."  "I wish I could just lose those last 10 pounds." "I'm ugly.&q...