Friday, December 14, 2012

Taking the magic out of Christmas ... and bringing it back. Part 11.

"Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart.  
To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child,
a good example. To yourself, respect."
~Oren Arnold

Part 11 is dedicated to best friends. I have a few besties, but one very best friend who I lost for a while but am lucky enough to have her back in my life.  Quite obvious, but best friends are those in your life who know EVERYTHING and are still there for you.  They are the ones we call first when we have exciting news, are sad, heart broken, scared, happy and when we just need someone to listen.  A true best friend will be the one to give it to you straight and won't sugar coat it.  

My bestie, Lynn, has been in my life since we were kids, I want to say maybe 7 or 8, maybe younger, it's been soo long that I don't even remember.  She's literally 6 days older then me, and yes, I make sure I taunt her for that! LOL  Lynn and I had a falling out sometime around age 13, when I was dating a boy that lived on her street that she TRIED to warn me about.  Needless to say, she was right, and I had lost my best friend.  So, we both struggled through the next 20ish years without each other. I thought about Lynn frequently over the years of her not being in my life anymore.  Tried to locate her on social media, then one day, it happened.  I guess the time was right for us to be back in each others lives.

Today I couldn't imagine another day of my life without her in it.  I would be devastated if something happened and she was no longer a part of my life.  We keep each other going. We build each other back up when we get knocked down. We laugh and cry together. Lynn is the one person, who, above anyone else, knows EVERYTHING about me.  I know she will never judge me for a single thing that I do and I know that I can count on her for anything!!!  We recently got matching tattoos of a Celtic friendship knot and a quote that says "Friendship is a knot tied by angels hands".  She is so much more then a friend, she is a sister to me, and having her in my life is one of the greatest gifts I could ever ask for.

Lynn and I at Def Leppard 8/2012

I should also make a few honorable mentions here as well, as I have a few other people who have really stuck by my side over the past few years and have helped me get through some of the toughest times and decisions that I've had to make.

Brian - I'm not even sure what to really call him, he's so much more then a friend and even more then a brother to me, he's like my siamese twin who was detached at birth, a part of me no matter how far away he is.  Brian has been there for me in ways that I didn't even know about until just recently.  If the day ever came that he was not in my life, a very large part of my soul and heart would be gone.

Jen, my soul mate, came into my life in 2009 when I first photographed her family for the holidays.  The moment we met, we were instant friends!  Jen is an amazing woman who I also do not know what I would do without her in my life.  We walk on many of the same paths, which helps us keep each other strong when the path gets a bit rough.

Nichole, my sister from another mister (and mrs, for that matter LOL).  Nikki was another friend that I lost contact with for a while, but now that she is back in my life, I don't want to go a single day without her.  We may not talk as much as could or should, but I know, without a doubt that if I needed her, she'd drop everything in the blink of an eye to be there for me and I would do the same for her.

Linda, Georgette, Dave, Kim, Jeff, Amanda, Ashley, Sarah, Jess, Diana, Theresa, Jerry, Henry and probably a few others that I left out (sorry in advance!!!!) - friends who support me and push me to keep going when I am losing hope.  All in my life for very different reasons, but all just as important to me. 

Who are your cherished friends? 

Peace, Love and Light, 

Christine
http://www.lifetimememorieswny.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Body Is Perfect ... Models Needed

Does this sound like you?  "I'm fat."  "I wish I could just lose those last 10 pounds." "I'm ugly.&q...