Saturday, December 8, 2012

Taking the magic out of Christmas ... and bringing it back. Part 5.

"Deck the harrs with boughs of horry, 
fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra"
~Waiters at the Chinese Restaurant in A Christmas Story

Part 5 is dedicated to the songs of the season.  I LOVE Christmas music!!!!!!  My absolute all time favorite Christmas song is "Baby, It's Cold Outside" followed closely by "All I Want For Christmas Is You".

"Baby, It's Cold Outside" is a lovely account of a winter romance and has been my favorite since I heard it many years ago!  And I can't even tell you how many times I've lost my copy of Mariah Carey's Christmas songs, but I'm pretty sure I'm up to 3 or 4 times.  I finally bought a digital copy of it last year, because I, yet again, lost my hard copy.  Ever since I heard "All I Want For Christmas Is You," I have LOVED that song!!! They both make me fall in love with being in love every time I hear them! 


Every year I have my radio station tuned to the one that plays the Christmas songs the earliest, usually beginning in November.  Then, the day after Christmas, it returns to normal programming.  This year, however, I haven't really been listening to it, so in an effort to return to my normal crazed Christmas spirited self, I created a list of my top 19 favorite Christmas songs on Spotify.  It includes my two favorites from above as well as several other classics, like "A Holly, Jolly Christmas", which is my dad's favorite song and "Do You Hear What I Hear," a church classic that I just LOVE to sing!!!!!! 

What are some of your favorite Christmas songs?

Peace, Love and Light, 

Christine
http://www.lifetimememorieswny.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Body Is Perfect ... Models Needed

Does this sound like you?  "I'm fat."  "I wish I could just lose those last 10 pounds." "I'm ugly.&q...