Friday, December 7, 2012

Taking the magic out of Christmas ... and bringing it back. Part 4.

"If Higbee thinks I'm working one minute 
past 9:00, he can kiss my foot. Ho ho ho."
~Santa in A Christmas Story

Part 4 is dedicated to the Big Man in Red ... Santa Clause!!!! 

I can remember going to K-Mart when I was a kid to see Santa.  We went to the K-Mart that was on Ridge Rd in Lackawanna, now a charter school, but there was a cafe in the back of the store and I can remember seeing Santa there.  The only thing I remember really asking for was the big box of crayons, back then it was a measly box of 64, but to me, that was like hitting the lotto!!!!   

A few years ago, my oldest, Caitlin, was standing in line to see Santa at the mall (she's a skeptic) and said she was going to ask Santa for coal, so I dared her to ... tripled dog dared her, in fact!!!!  She was a little nervous about doing it, but followed through and when he asked her what she wanted, she said "I want a piece of coal" and Santa YELLED at her!!!  It was so funny!!!! He said "Oh, Don't say that!!! A nice girl like you doesn't deserve coal!!" She turned about 12 shades of red, it was a riot.  Well, as you can imagine, she got what she asked for, a nice bag of coal in her stocking!!! 

Laurana's First Christmas - 2009

My youngest, Laurana is now three and is really looking forward to Christmas this year!!!  Her last 3 Christmas' were less then desirable for me, I couldn't wait for her to be excited about Christmas, Santa, Reindeer and presents!!!!  I thought last year would be her year, but she could have really cared less, but this year she was picking out toys, circling them in the books and we wrote her very first letter to Santa.  But now that she understands the material aspect of the holiday, she is also old enough to understand the real meaning of it as well.  And so my job begins with her and instilling the values of what Christmas is really all about. 

What is your favorite Santa story? 

Peace, Love and Light, 

Christine
http://www.lifetimememorieswny.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Body Is Perfect ... Models Needed

Does this sound like you?  "I'm fat."  "I wish I could just lose those last 10 pounds." "I'm ugly.&q...