Friday, November 2, 2012

Quote of the day ... Nov. 2, 2012

"Who does not thank for little will not thank for much."
~Estonian Proverb

Gratitude. (n). The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.

How does one show their gratitude towards others and life?  It's quite simple to say "Thank You" and to smile when someone does something for you. But how do you feel on the inside?  Are you thankful for everything you have?  Do you look at things and put up a front because you just can't find any satisfaction? Or are you genuinely thankful for everything in your life?  

This question came to me when I seen, heard or read others "complaining", or mocking about how Hurricane Sandy didn't hit my city the way it was "suppose to".  Yes, I found it ridiculous that they closed the schools because of a bit of wind and rain, but I would rather have had my child home safe with me, in the event we did get hit hard, then stuck in school.  I seen a photo of a lawn chair turned over mocking the "storm" we got hit with going around the social media streams, but what about those in NYC, NJ, PA and even OH that got hit HARD with this storm?  I wonder if people can look at their life and say "Thank you for everything I have." Not just a few days out of the year, but everyday, even the days that seem the worst, there is always something to be grateful for.   Yes, we dodged the bullet of the storm, but others did not and perhaps we should all show some compassion for those people who are without home, food, water and power. 

I am thankful for my daughters.  I was told by four doctors I'd never get pregnant, and I did, twice.   Both of my girls are miracles.  I am thankful for my parents who are always there for me no matter what.  I am thankful for a family to share both good and bad times with.  I am thankful to have a few very best friends that have my back, even when I am in the wrong. I am thankful to have a heart that continues to believe in love regardless of all that I have been through.  I am thankful to have someone to give my heart to.  I am thankful to have a roof over my head, food to eat, water to drink, clothes to keep me warm and a vehicle to take me places.  I am thankful for a talent to be able to share with everyone.  I am thankful for music and dancing.  I am thankful for being ticklish.  I am thankful to have the ability to put the English language to some use.  I am thankful for grapes and the people that turn them into wine.  I am thankful for the ability to always be me. The list goes on and on, but I won't bore you with anything more. 

These aren't just words I speak, but feelings I genuinely have and and never take for granted.  Life is too short to be anything less then grateful for what we have.  What are you thankful for? Do you radiate your gratitude from your head to your toes or only feel it when you have to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Body Is Perfect ... Models Needed

Does this sound like you?  "I'm fat."  "I wish I could just lose those last 10 pounds." "I'm ugly.&q...