Monday, November 19, 2012

Quote of the day ... Nov. 19, 2012

"Fear is a darkroom where negatives develop."
~Usman B. Asif

I am thankful for fear. Yes, you read that correctly.  I am thankful for fear because fear helps you realize that you still have lessons to learn, that there is still life left to discover. When I was a kid, I was fearless, then as time passed I started to experience fear.  I became afraid of one big thing that I still fear to this day ... heights. Although, I once heard someone say that a fear of heights is not actually the fear of being up high, it's the fear of falling.  I suppose that's true, being up high doesn't bother me, but feeling like I could fall at any point in time, definitely does. I tried to overcome this fear this summer when my mother and I were lucky enough to find a fire tower that I have tried finding for years!!!!  When I was younger, my pop took us to this fire tower and as he stood at the bottom rooting us on, I went right up to the top. This is one of my fondest childhood memories and to be able to see the fire tower, just as I had remembered it from 30 years earlier was quite the emotional experience, even more emotional to have shared this finding with my girls.  I tried to make it up to the top again, but my fear took over and I couldn't make it past the 4th landing, that really didn't matter to me though, just finding the fire tower was the absolute highlight of my life!!!  

What are you afraid of?  Would you be willing to face your fears to see what awaits behind the door you are afraid to walk through? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Body Is Perfect ... Models Needed

Does this sound like you?  "I'm fat."  "I wish I could just lose those last 10 pounds." "I'm ugly.&q...